Apartment hunting and the distillation process...

Another weekend of crazy weather, and I'm still wondering where the beautiful summertime sun has gone...I'm "lucky" enough to work in a cubicle that borders ceiling to floor windows, against a heater that makes it way too hot, so when it looks nice out, I don't know the difference.

So as a follow up to my previous post, Ben and I have completed our still, and made all the arrangements to go ahead with our mad science experiment today after work. Best case scenario is that we walk out of this with a few liters of our own brew and something to call our own, and the worst case...well...I won't talk about that in case either of our girlfriends ever read this. Upon my death, I don't want people knowing that I knew the risks...no but really, as long as we're careful it is going to be fine. I'm going to try and document the ENTIRE process so that everyone can see how we did, so a post on that will follow at some point in the coming days. 

As for now, my day at work has been consumed with looking for at apartments downtown T.O., it's not that I feel like I NEED to move out - I'm perfectly fine saving money at home for another little while - at least until I get some sort of permanent position at my current job, or move further along in the police application process. However, if I find something that suits me, I don't mind doing it now. I'd like to live downtown, even though it's not close to my job, my family, or my friends really - I've just always wanted to do it...if even for a bit. With Ben moving to the far end of Burlington, it's going to be a commute to hang out anyway, might as well go all the way.

So perusing Kijiji, Craigslist, and Torontorentals will be a regular thing (like it already hasn't been...) for the next few months...

0 thoughts: