Paleo & Politics

I've said it before - and I'll say it again - I started this blog to document my own thoughts, and share with anyone that wants to follow along - and as my life changes, so does what I'm passionate about. So - here we are - from 'Just Add Ginger' to 'Steak & Streetcars'  - only because I think it keeps me on track of what I really want to post about - my love & discovery of food ('Steak'), and my passion for the politics of Toronto ('Streetcars'). From here on out (aside for any important asides) - that's where I'll stay in my thoughts. So - here we go....

Switching our major to Paleo


But - if you know my wife Michelle and I - you'll know that this past (nearly) year has been a very different one for us in terms of our lifestyle, when it comes to what we put in our bodies - and that's what I mean by 'paleo'.

A quick note - I'll be using the word diet in this post, and going forward, as I post more about our eating habits - but I don't want you to think it means a diet in the traditional "trying to lose weight" sense...
"the kinds of food that a person, animal, or community habitually eats."
It's simply a way of eating, for the better or worse.

For us though - the Paleo diet has been for the better - and one of the reasons for making some changes to my blog, and inspring me to post a bit more, is because I feel like I should share some of the things we do to make eating this way realistic, affordable, and not so boring!

Our cupboard choices have clearly evolved...
For those that aren't familiar - the paleo diet is a throwback diet - a WAYback playback - to when our ancestors hunted and gathered anything they ate. No ingredients that require processing, which leaves you with a really natural diet. There's no grains, no legumes, no dairy allowed - with a few small exceptions - which you can read about in full, at this great beginner's guide here (this was my introduction, and it was great).

Whether you prescribe to these 'rules' or not - I think some of what it offers is great - whether you eat gluten-free, dairy-free, or just want to eat a bit more natural - so I urge you to follow along as I start to share my experiences a bit more.


0 thoughts: